The SSS1 Mathematics: Overview
This course emphasizes the extension of mathematical knowledge and skills to prepare students for success in their everyday lives, in the workplace, and in the Mathematics Grade 11 and Grade 12 Workplace Preparation courses. The course is organized by three strands related to money sense, measurement, and proportional reasoning.
This course extends skills in numeracy, algebra, geometry, measurement and introduces trigonometry.
This course includes the study of linear systems, analytic geometry, algebraic skills, quadratics and trigonometry.you are already well aware of that…
Mathematics – not for spectators
You won’t learn anything if you don’t involve yourself in the subject-matter actively. Do the maths, feel the maths, and then understand and use the maths. Understanding the principles
• Practice, Practice, Practice, and then Practice some more. You have to practice as much as possible. The more you practice, the more prepared and confident you will feel for exams.
We can’t all be Einsteins, and even old Albert had difficulties learning some of the very advanced Mathematics necessary to formulate his theories. If you don’t understand immediately, work at it and practice with as many problems from this study guide as possible. You will find that topics that seem baffling at first,suddenly make sense. • Have the proper attitude. You can do it!
The AMA of Mathematics
ABILITY is what you’re capable of doing.
MOTIVATION determines what you do.
ATTITUDE determines how well you do it.
- Lectures 44
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 65 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 713
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Maths - SSS1 Lesson Notes
- Lesson4-Patterns,relationships and presentations
- Lesson6-Area of volume
- lesson11-Data-Handling and management
Maths - SSS1-TERM 1
- Basic Integration -Examples Activities
- Basic Trigonometry- Sin Cos Tan
- Factoring Quadratics – Problems and Solutions
- Gaussian Elimination.. Problems and Solutions
- Implicit Differentiation… Problems and Solutions
- Long Division with Polynomials … Problems and solutions
- Find the Domain of Any Function .. Examples
- Find the Inverse of a Function … Examples
- Remembering the Unit Circle-Part1
- Remembering the Unit Circle-Part2
- Simplifying Radicals-Problems+Solutions
- Solving By Completing the Square
Maths - SSS1 : TERM 2
- Derivatives -Sample activities
- Integrate Using U-Substitution
- Find the Vertex of a Parabola .. Problems and Solutions
- Find the Limit at Infinity… Examples-Solutions
- Solve Quadratic Equations by Factoring
- Using the Binomial Theorem – Problems+Solutions
- Integration by Parts +Solutions
- Introduction to Limits + Solutions
- Introduction to Logarithms -Problems+Solutions
- Matrix Determinants. Problems+Solutions
- The Chain Rule -part 1
Maths - SSS1 : TERM 3