SSS2 CHEMISTRY OVERVIEW
SSS2 chemistry introduces students to more complicated topics such as stoichiometry, thermodynamics, virtual laboratory experiments, and more. This strong base of knowledge will prepare them for subjects such as physics and advanced biology in the near future.
Learning Objectives for Chemistry
By the end of the course, students should have a working understanding of the basic concepts of chemistry including atomic numbers and electron configurations, the ideal gas law, enthalpy and phase changes, and more.
Learning objectives for SSS2 chemistry typically include:
Describe heterogeneous mixtures, including suspensions and colloids.
Use the periodic table to identify trends in electronegativity and electron affinity.
Design and conduct an experiment to test the properties of substances.
Write equilibrium expressions, and use them to calculate the equilibrium constant for reactions.
Interpret the behavior of ideal gases in terms of kinetic-molecular theory, including diffusion and effusion.
Describe how to measure pH with indicators and meters.
Explain and compare fission and fusion reactions.
Identify which household chemicals are dangerous to keep together or mix.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 55 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 471
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
SSS2 Chemistry Video Lessons
- Atomic Orbitals (Part 1)- Structure Of Atom
- Atomic Orbitals (Part 2)- Structure Of Atom
- Bohr_s Model for Hydrogen Atom (Part-1) – Structure of Atom
- Bohr_s Model for Hydrogen Atom (Part-2
- Bohr_s Model for Hydrogen Atom (Part-3) – Structure of Atom
- Charge and Mass of Electron – Millikan_s Oil Drop Experiment
- Classification of Elements And Periodicity Of Properties
- Dalton_s Atomic Theory – Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry
- Discovery of Proton and Neutron – Structure of Atom
- Dual Nature of Electromagnetic Radiations
- Electronic Configuration of Elements-Part-1
- Electronic Configuration of Elements (Part 2) – Structure Of Atom
- Empirical and Molecular formula
- Empirical Formula for Hydrogen Cyanide -The Marvels of Chemistry
- Energies of Orbitals – Structure of Atom
- Energy Levels _ Electron Configuration
- Evidence For Quantized Electronic Spectra
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Ionisation Enthalpies – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Laws of Chemical Combination Part 1
- Laws of Chemical combination- (Part -2)
- AQA A-Level Chemistry – Equilibria