Introduction to Agricultural Science
Agricultural Sciences is the study of the relationship between soils, plants and animals in the production and processing of food, ﬁbre, fuel and other agricultural commodities that have an economic, aesthetic and cultural value. Agricultural Sciences is an integrated science. It combines knowledge and skills from Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Social Sciences, Earth Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and Economics. This subject must be seen within the holistic science framework rather than as an isolated science.
In Agricultural Sciences you will:
• develop an awareness of the management and care of the environment, natural resources and the humane treatment of animals through application of science and related technology.
• develop problem-solving mechanisms within the contexts of agricultural production, processing and marketing practices
• be aware of the social and economic development of the society at large through personal development in commercial and subsistence farming enterprises.
• become informed and responsible citizens in the production of agricultural commodities, caring for the environment and addressing social justice issues.
• be aware of agricultural indigenous knowledge and practices through understanding agricultural sciences in historical and social contexts.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 512
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Jss1 Agric Science
- Lesson1-Animal nutrition and digestion
- Lesson5-Basic agricultural genetics
- Lesson6-Agric-economic production factors
- Lesson7-Agricultural marketing
- Lesson8-Agricultural entrepreneurship and business planning
- Agricultural pollution-Fertilizer Run off Water